Terms and conditions
Please read these terms of services carefully before using this site
About our Terms of service (the “Terms”)
- These Terms explain how you may use this website (the“Site”).
- Reference in these Terms to the Site is intended to refer to all websites established by Shared Voice www.sharedvoice.co.uk.
- You should read these Terms carefully before using the Site.
- By accessing or using the Site or otherwise indicating your consent, you agree to be bound by these Terms and the documents referred to in them and you agree to comply with them.
- If you do not agree with or accept any of these Terms, you should stop using the Site immediately.
- We recommend that you print a copy of these Terms for future reference.
Who we are:
This site is operated by Shared Voice Limited (“We“). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 12444836 and our registered office is at 10, Coppergate Mews, Brighton Road, Surbiton, KT6 5NE.
To contact us:
By post Data Protection Officer Shared Voice Ltd 10 Coppergate Mews Brighton Road Surbiton KT6 5NE By tel. 07909 974924 By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Content means any text, images, video, audio or other multimedia content, software or other information or material submitted to or on the Site and including any information, documents or other materials available for download from it;
- Advertisers Terms and Conditions means the terms and conditions applicable to advertisers and use of the advertiser Portal, and which are available as You join or log in to the advertiser Portal;
- Site has the meaning given to it in clause 1.1;
- Terms means these terms and conditions of use as updated from time to time under clause 12;User Contenthas the meaning given to it in clause 7.1;
- We has the meaning given to it in clause 2.1, and “Us” and “Our” shall be interpreted accordingly; and
- You or Your means the person accessing or using the Site or its Content.
Other applicable terms:
Your use of the Site means that You must also comply with Our Privacy Notice, where applicable. If You wish to access or use our Advertiser portal then you will need to become a subscriber to the appropriate website. If You access or use the Advertiser portal you must also comply with Our Advertiser Terms and Conditions.
Using the Site
There is a section of the Site which may only be accessed and used by users of the Site who are also Subscribers of the website Advertiser panel, or for the purposes of registering as a Subscriber. This is Our “Advertiser Portal” and You must only access and use it if You are a Subscriber or are registering to be a Subscriber or signing up for such an account.or if You are employed or engaged by a corporate entity or organisation which is a corporate or partner member or is signing up and has authorised you to access and use the advertiser and Subscriber Portal on its behalf. You should be aware that even if You are employed or engaged by a corporate entity or organisation and are accessing or using the Advertiser portal, or any other part of the Site, on its behalf the You personally are responsible for complying with these Terms.
You are solely responsible for keeping any password, user identification code or other log in details confidential. If You know or suspect that anyone other than You knows Your password, user identification code or other log in details, You must promptly notify Us. We seek to make the Site as accessible as possible. If You have any difficulties using the Site, please contact Us on the contact details provided at clause 2.2. We may prevent or suspend Your access to the Advertiser portal or the whole or any other part of the Site if You do not comply with any part of these Terms, any terms or policies to which they refer or any applicable law.
Ownership, use and intellectual property rights
- This Site and all intellectual property rights in it including but not limited to any Content are owned by or licensed to Shared Voice Limited. Intellectual property rights means rights such as: copyright, trade marks, domain names, design rights, database rights, patents and all other intellectual property rights of any kind whether or not they are registered or unregistered (anywhere in the world). We reserve all of Our rights in any intellectual property rights in connection with these Terms. This means, for example, that We remain owners or licensors of them and are free to use them as We see fit.
- Nothing in these Terms grants You any legal rights in the Site other than as necessary to enable You to access the Site. You agree not to adjust, to try to circumvent or delete any notices contained on the Site (including any intellectual property notices) and in particular in any digital rights or other security technology embedded or contained within the Site.
- You may only download information, documents or other materials from this Site where it expressly states that the same is available for download. Such downloaded information, documents or other materials remains Our Content and accordingly the provisions of this clause 6 apply to it.
- You may only make a copy of any part of Our Site or the Content as is reasonably necessary for Your own personal use or as You otherwise agree with Us in writing. You must not modify any Content You copy from Our Site in any way. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of Content on Our Site must always be acknowledged. If You print off, copy or download any part of Our Site, including any Content, in breach of these Terms, Your right to use Our Site will cease immediately and You must return or destroy any copies of the materials You have made.
- You must not use any of the Content in any manner to assist or take part in the development, marketing, or sale of a product or service which is competitive or potentially competitive with those that we offer or otherwise creates a product or service which is (in whole or in part) the same as or similar to those that we offer.
Submitting information to the Site
- We may from time to time enable features that allow you to upload reports, articles, research papers, awards submissions, documents, photographs, video, comments, messages or other content (the “User Content“) from time to time. If you use any such feature you must comply with the provisions of this clause 7.
- By uploading any User Content you acknowledge and agree that you are the author and owner of that User Content and all rights in it and that it complies with all applicable laws and is not obscene, defamatory or likely to be offensive to any other person and will not cause any damage to our reputation.
- You also agree that we have the right to delete any of the User Content that you may upload from time to time and to edit it and use it as we see fit on our Site and in connection with any of our products or services as may exist from time to time, and in connection with any promotion, publicity or marketing of our Site, products or services as may exist from time to time.
- We have the right to disclose Your identity to any third party who is claiming that any User Content posted or uploaded by You to Our Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or their right to privacy. We have the right to remove any User Content You post on Our Site.
- You must not misuse Our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to Our Site, the server on which Our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to Our Site. You must not attack Our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, You would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and We will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing Your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, Your right to use Our Site will cease immediately.
Accuracy of information and availability of the Site
- While We try to make sure that the Site is accurate, up-to-date and free from bugs and viruses, We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the Content on Our Site is accurate, complete or up to date. You should use Your own virus protection software. Furthermore, We cannot promise that the Site will be fit or suitable for any purpose.
- Any reliance that You may place on the information on this Site is at Your own risk. Content is provided for Your general information purposes only. It does not constitute technical, financial or legal advice or any other type of advice and should not be relied on for any purposes. We draw your attention to clause 6 in relation to any use You may make of any Member and Subscriber Portal Content.
- The Site may include information, documents and other materials uploaded by other users of the Site, including reports, publications and research papers as well as input on bulletin boards, chat rooms and user forums etc. This information and these documents and materials have not been verified or approved by Us and you may need the permission of a third party before using it or them in any way. The views expressed by other users on Our Site, or in any information, documents or other materials that you access or download from this Site do not represent Our views or values.
- While We try to make sure that the Site is available for Your use, We do not promise that the Site is available at all times nor do We promise the uninterrupted use by You of the Site. We may suspend or terminate operation of the Site at any time as We see fit.
Links and third party sites
- The Site may contain links or references to third party websites. Any such links or references are provided for Your convenience only. We have no control over third party websites and accept no legal responsibility for any content, material or information contained in them. The display of any hyperlink and reference to any third party website does not mean that We endorse that third party’s website, products or services. Your use of a third party website may be governed by the terms and conditions of that third party website.
- You may link to Our home page, provided You do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage Our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on Our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to Our Site in any website that is not owned by You. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. If You wish to link to or make any use of Content on Our Site other than that set out above, please contact Us.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by You
- We do not exclude or limit in any way Our liability to You where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by Our negligence or the negligence of Our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to Our Site or any Content on it.
- We will not be liable to You for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with use of, or inability to use, Our Site; or use of or reliance on any Content displayed on Our Site.
- In particular, We will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, revenue, anticipated savings, business opportunity, goodwill or reputation or any business interruption; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- Rights of third parties – No one other than a party to these Terms has any right to enforce any of these Terms.
- Variation – No changes to these Terms are valid or have any effect unless agreed by Us in writing. We reserve the right to vary these Terms from time to time. Our updated terms will be displayed on the Site and by continuing to use and access the Site following such changes, You agree to be bound by any variation made by Us. It is Your responsibility to check these Terms from time to time to verify such variations.
- Disputes – These Terms, their subject matter and their formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by the laws of England and Wales. Parties to these Terms agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Standard sign up forms
- I give my consent to [name of campaign] through Shared Voice to keep me updated about the campaign and related matters.
Sharing data with third party organisations
As part of our work, we sometimes share personal data with public bodies and organisations to demonstrate public involvement in our campaigns. Respondents are specifically informed about this when responding to consultation/sign up surveys. Respondents are also asked to register, on a voluntary basis, to sign up to campaign updates. The standard text for our sign-up forms are set out below. [Respondent personal details – name, address, postcode, email etc] [Answers to survey questions]
- I give my consent to [name of campaign] through Shared Voice to share my support with [third party].I give my consent for Shared Voice to keep me updated on the campaign.
Standard sign up text for ‘Register your Support’ webpage
[Respondent personal details – name, address, age, postcode, email etc]
- I give my consent to Shared Voice to share my support with [local authority/ Council’s planning portal/other public bodies]. I give my consent for Shared Voice to keep me updated on the progress of planning applications and other related projects and campaigns.
Registration with the Information Commissioner’s Office
Shared Voice is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Our certificate and registration details are attached below. Shared Voice will own all the data that is generated by our digital platforms. We undertake the role of the data controller and data processor on all projects.